“Although English-speaking engineers use the name ‘jerk’ to designate a unit rate of change of acceleration, i.e., the ft/s³, no name has hitherto been given to the corresponding unit in the metric systems, nor has the name ‘jerk’ been recognized by the ISO.”

H. S. Hvistendahl.
Engineering Units and Physical Quantities.
London: Macmillan and Co., 1964.

Page 30.


Sorry. No information on contributors is available for this page.

home | units index | search | contact drawing of envelope | contributors | 
help | privacy | terms of use